***AMERICA'S ALARM CLOCK*** .

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

07/29 Update on Travel and Harassment

First, I guess I'll let you know that we are currently about 80 miles west of St. Louis, MO on I-44. We will be traveling around St. Louis and East St. Louis on I-270/I-255 during the 5:00 hour(Eastern Time). We will, from there, be traveling across I-70 through Effingham, IL, Indianapolis, IN and into Groveport, OH. We expect to arrive in Groveport at about 01:30-02:00 am Eastern time.

Now a further update on the "rest of the story". I called our dispatch office in Sacramento, Ca to speak with a dispatcher about getting some names of hierarchy in the company. One of the managers answered the phone, and he was very, very gracious and apologetic. When he answered the phone, I nearly hung up simply because I didn't want to speak with him at that particular time. I am truly grateful that I didn't do that. We had, what I felt and feel now, was a highly productive conversation and again, he made great effort to have my wife and I understand how sincerely sorry that he, and everyone at the company are for this embarrassing situation. I must commend him for his humility and concern for our well being.

Further, today, the Senior VP of the company, sent, via satellite communication, what was obviously a sincere, heartfelt apology for the situation and asked that we contact him and meet with him the next time we are in the same town as he. Again, I feel it was very courteous and most certainly self deprecating for the SR. V.P. of a company of this magnitude to take the time from his busy schedule to respond to an incident that occurred with one of his business partners. I would just like for him to know, in case he might read this, that is was truly appreciated and went a long way in repairing our attitude towards what was previously, (before this incident) thought a fantastic company to work with.

As a final note, I have been in contact with the harassing SGT. on duty the night of this ordeal and he has assured me that a report was filed and that I am definitely entitled to a copy of that report. He is to contact me via email when the report is finished and available and will forward it to me via fax.

In closing, this has been a very good day for my wife and I both, some faith in people was restored with these two apologies and the bruises of disappointment faded to some extent. God is SO very good.

In God I Trust
Have a Great Day and a Better Tomorrow
ADW

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, critical or otherwise, please use restraint with concern to foul language.

In God I Trust
Have a Dreat Day and a Better Tomorrow
ADW