***AMERICA'S ALARM CLOCK*** .

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Left Atlanta @ 0100 This Morning

We arrived in Atlanta at about 1430 yesterday afternoon and I had some preventative maintenance to do on the truck. Before we got there, we were given a dispatch back to Dallas and then on to Columbus OH.

I had to change the engine oil bypass filter and do a grease job on the chassis and components. I also had a broken bolt in the left rear mudflap as a result of something off the road hitting the flap and breaking the bolt. I got all my tools and supplies laid out and arranged, I also plugged my battery charger in for my battery operated grease gun. I had remembered running the battery down during the last grease job so I wanted it to be fully charged. While the battery was charging, I proceeded to remove the FS2500 bypass filter canister, remove the old filter and "O" ring and installed a new "O" ring. I also wiped the inside of the filter canister out and installed the new filter into the canister and then the canister onto the filter head. After torquing the canister bolt to the recommended 40ft/lbs, I started the engine and checked for leaks. All was well, so I shut off the engine and checked the oil level, again, all was well. That is one of many things I like about the FS2500 bypass filter as opposed to some of the others, it only takes 1 1/2 qts to replenish lost oil from filter change. I won't top it off until the sump is a full gallon low. I'll get an oil sample for analysis when we stop for fuel later, while the engine is at full operating temperature.

While I was working on the filter change, another driver came over and wanted to talk about the truck. His name was Dave and he is a Vietnam Vet...God Bless Him. I thanked him for his service and we had a good talk about our mission with the truck.
We talked about the theft of our nation by the power hungry politicians, the shredding and subsequent burning of our constitution, again by the power drunk politicians in both parties, and the coming voter revolution in November 2010, by the power holding citizens, WE THE PEOPLE.

While we talked, another driver drove up and wanted to take some pictures of the truck so he had a ball with his camera while Dave and I talked. I didn't have either of them sign the truck though because it is so filthy right now that the signatures won't stay on anyway. I think I am going to start having the folks sign a sheet of paper, send that to the sign maker and have him make a vinyl signature to place on the truck. The fading of the signatures with indelible ink sharpies continues to progress and there is just no way to stop the natural fade. I think this is our best solution.

After Dave and I finished talking, he headed back to his truck for a nap before he had to leave for San Francisco, CA. I finished the truck grease job, replaced the broken bolt in the mud flap, and cleaned up and put away my tools and supplies.

Tina had ordered a pizza for supper so we ate and I took a shower. While I was working on the truck, Tina took a call from dispatch, and the terminal in Atlanta had added a load to Phoenix AZ and they wanted to know if we would take that rather than DFW then Columbus. We agreed and that was to be ready at about 1100PM.

The load was finally ready about 1230 this morning and we left Atlanta at 0100. We headed West on I-20 and will continue on that interstate to the Van Horn TX area where we will access I-10 west and run that all the way to Phoenix, AZ. We had to fuel in Shreveport LA a bit ago and had some really good feedback on the truck there as well. Really though, it seems as if things have cooled down a bit since 9/12. Not sure if that is just a mis-perception on my part, after our vacation, or if it is a real calming down, knowing that we win in November next year. I think, personally, that we can't afford to cool down, we must stay vigilant and keep the heat on these dirt bag politicians.

We are currently near Longview, TX and should be in Phoenix by about 0730 or 0800 tomorrow. We don't have anymore planned stops except driver changes at the proper intervals. Stay tuned though, you just never know what might happen on the road.

In closing, we hope that you can find it in your budget to help with a small purchase or a donation in support of our mission.
We have launched into a couple of apparel stores so that everyone can show their support of the 912 Truck. Click here to show your support, or go to www.printfection.com/912truck. For those of you that would rather have a hat or mug you we have another outlet at cafepress.com/912 Truck. You can also use any of the donate buttons on this page to make a contribution directly to our endeavor to Waking up America.
Thanks for your support.


In God I Trust
Have a Great Day and a Better Tomorrow
ADW

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, critical or otherwise, please use restraint with concern to foul language.

In God I Trust
Have a Dreat Day and a Better Tomorrow
ADW