***AMERICA'S ALARM CLOCK*** .

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Finally, Gone From Phoenix

After sitting in Phoenix all day Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, we went inside the truck stop to visit with some folks we had met there and have a glass of sweet tea, and my phone rang. On the other end of the line was one of the dispatchers from our Sacramento dispatch office and he seemed somewhat frantic. It seems that they had a load, sitting in El Paso, TX, that had to be in Dallas today. He wanted to know if Tina and I could leave right now, take and empty to El Paso, and hook to the loaded trailer, sitting there waiting on us, ready to go, and get to DFW with "safe but direct" service between all three points. It seems that someone in El Paso had messed up and told them not to send a power unit out of Phoenix until just then and all of a sudden they had to have someone to move the load. In other words, poor planning on their part was to constitute an emergency on our part. I told the dispatcher we could be gone in about 30 minutes and he agreed.

We left our tea, our desert, and our friends, sitting at the table and off we ran. They knew about this load all day but just then had to get it moved. There was to be someone at the El Paso terminal when we got there to give us our paperwork and unlock the trailer, so that we could hook and run. After fueling, putting away lawn chairs and flags and grabbing and empty from the terminal in Phoenix, we were on our way. We left there at about 1100 pm EST and drove all night to get to El Paso and get the "forgotten load" and head for DFW. It is just amazing though, no matter how much we hurry, no matter how much of an emergency they tell us something is, no matter how urgent the matter is to be to us, we seem to be the only ones that think that way. We arrived in El Paso at 0700 EST, only to find the terminal dark, no-one there, kingpin lock on the trailer, no paperwork for the load, nothing. I called dispatch, in Sacramento, no answer, 15 minutes trying, still no answer, I called Columbus dispatch and they answered, told me where to find a key for the kingpin lock, how to got to the key, and hung up, thinking I would be on my way. I found the key, unlocked the lock and installed it onto our dropped empty trailer, hooked to the loaded trailer, performed a pre-trip inspection, pulled away from the door and went to the back of the trailer to get the paperwork and check the seal, only to find no paperwork. I, again, called Sacramento dispatch and the dispatcher must have awakened from his slumber and he answered the phone. I explained where we were, what we were doing, and that there was no paperwork with the loaded trailer. I vented a little, about how it always seems that we need to be in a hurry and no-one else needs to be and the dispatcher said, just camp out there until someone arrives, "they should be there shortly" he said. This was at about 0730 Eastern time and they were to be there, according to dispatch at 0500. We laid down for what I thought would be a 15-20 minute nap and at 1000 EST, the terminal day manager, knocked on my door and wanted to know what I was doing there. I explained and he said "drive around front and I'll get your paperwork so that you can be on your way." I did, he did and we are now on our way. We just went through Big Spring TX and we should be at our terminal in Dallas at about 800PM Eastern Time. We are to load for Kansas City, Mo out of there at about 0300 tomorrow. My guess is that it too, will be an emergency, but I digress.

We met some very good folks in Phoenix, we had some good vi sting time and we had a lot of people come by to talk about and to sign the truck I took several pictures and will get them posted here as soon as I get my computer back. This is one that I have borrowed and I don't have all my software loaded, no am I going to do so. I hate this one, it has a Vista operating system and locks up on me, often making me restart the system and losing my work.

Anyway, keep following and we have some exciting things coming. I am trying to arrange contacts with some of the 912 political candidates. We are hoping to meet with some of them, talk to them on video and or getting a photo op with them signing the truck. This is a very exciting time in America, folks are becoming aware of what is happening to our country, all the usurpation of power by the appointed "Czars", the shredding of the constitution, and the placement of yet more entitlement slavery programs into action, to try and make sure the sleeping pill of choice will continue to work to keep the citizens uninterested in their government and what their government is doing.

We are out here, along with many others, to awaken those folks and show them what their government is doing and the liberties that are being stolen.

In closing, we hope that you can find it in your budget to help with a small purchase or a donation in support of our mission.
We have launched into a couple of apparel stores so that everyone can show their support of the 912 Truck. Click here to show your support, or go to www.printfection.com/912truck. For those of you that would rather have a hat or mug you we have another outlet at cafepress.com/912 Truck. You can also use any of the donate buttons on this page to make a contribution directly to our endeavor to Waking up America.
Thanks for your support.


In God I Trust
Have a Great Day and a Better Tomorrow
ADW

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, critical or otherwise, please use restraint with concern to foul language.

In God I Trust
Have a Dreat Day and a Better Tomorrow
ADW