***AMERICA'S ALARM CLOCK*** .

Friday, October 23, 2009

Just Goin' In Circles

I once worked, for a few months, as a parts man in an auto dealership. I found that job to be very conflicting. You see, I was always looking for something, that I hadn't lost, didn't need, and which I would never use. Sometimes, I feel the same way as a truck driver. We are always going...Somewhere. We, personally, never would think to go there on our own, and we are always looking for a place at which we would never go if not for our job, and we never really get to the end of our road. But I digress...

I mentioned in a previous post, probably a month or so ago, that I was working on a new website to combine this site with my Stop The Destruction Of America site. I had planned, and do still plan to combine the sites and add some trucking related news pages and links, some pontifications by other writers, and several other, rather ambitious features. I had no idea that task would be so labor intensive and time consuming. I will get it done, but I'd just like to say, I admire anyone that is computer savvy enough to build a site like some that I see. This task has brought new lite to the work involved. Please be patient, it likely won't be done this year, but it will get done, even if I have to pay someone for the setup and then do the upkeep and postings myself.

We left Phoenix on Tuesday evening, headed to El Paso, then it was off to DFW. On the way to DFW, I sent a mass email to all the 912 Candidates for which I have email addresses. I received several responses ranging anywhere from I'd love to meet with you and Tina to Yes, here's an invitation to an event we are holding, please attend. The response was very encouraging. I am in the process of looking up email addresses for the candidates that I don't have.

We had arranged, by phone, a meet up with Larry Kilgore, from Texas and running as a 912 candidate for Governor of Texas. We were to meet with Mr. Kilgore, at about 830 pm in the Irving area. Unfortunately, the closer we got to DFW, the harder it rained. I was forced to call Mr. Kilgore and tell him that we should probably reschedule our meeting.

Before arriving at DFW we were contacted by dispatch to take a load to Kansas City, Mo. The load was to be ready at about 0300 on Thursday and was to be in Kansas City 9hours later. We arrived in DFW at about 800pm Eastern time, and it was off to bed for a good nap before we had to run again. I woke up at 0430 and we hadn't been notified of load completion so I called dispatch and they said that it was running a little late and should be ready within the hour. We went back to sleep and was notified at 0658 that the load was then ready for departure to Kansas City.

Outa bed, face washed, teeth brushed, paperwork signed, trailer hooked, sealed and inspected for mechanical problems, and on the road by 0745. Whew, we headed for Kansas City, straight up 75 to 69 and right into Kansas City, MO. The trip was relatively uneventful. A very nice ride up through the country, off the normal beaten path of the interstates. Some beautiful trees with the leaves changing, this time of year.

We were actually starving ourselves because we were looking forward to a good dinner at Cracker Barrel. Again, though, before we arrived at the terminal, we were asked to take an empty trailer to Mexico, MO and pick a load up going to Forest Park, GA, near our terminal there. We got to Kansas City at about 500 pm EST, hooked to an empty and headed East. We had to stop for fuel in Oak Grove, MO, so we decided we would just eat there. You see, the Cracker Barrel Restaurants, don't have room for our truck when we have a trailer, nor do they want us there. Anyway, we had a good, hot meal, and headed East again.

We made it to Mexico, MO at about 1000pm and hooked to the loaded trailer and took off for Atlanta/Forest Park, GA area. The weather between DFW and Kansas City was rainy and nasty, but certainly got progressively worse between Mexico, MO and Chattanooga, TN. Actually, from Fort Campbell, KY to Mont eagle, TN was a near torrential rain with strong winds. But, Tina, being the trooper she is, drove through the weather and I took over in Chattanooga. HEHE, I love it when a plan comes together.

We finally got to Forest Park/Atlanta at about 1000am and delivered our trailer to the receiver. We headed back to our terminal and in short order we were given a choice of DFW, San Francisco CA, or Columbus OH. We chose DFW, again. The load is to be ready by about 0100 tonight/tomorrow and we will head for Texas again.

I will be contacting Larry Kilgore again and maybe he can meet with us when we get to DFW on Saturday afternoon. I hope to meet with many of the candidates and post the pictures and/or videos here.

If any of you reading this would like to meet up with us, or if you know of a 912candidate that would like a a chance to sign the truck and talk with us for a little bit, please send me a message and we will try to make it a point to meet with you.

In closing, we hope that you can find it in your budget to help with a small purchase or a donation in support of our mission.
We have launched into a couple of apparel stores so that everyone can show their support of the 912 Truck. Click here to show your support, or go to www.printfection.com/912truck. For those of you that would rather have a hat or mug you we have another outlet at cafepress.com/912 Truck. You can also use any of the donate buttons on this page to make a contribution directly to our endeavor to Waking up America.
Thanks for your support.


In God I Trust
Have a Great Day and a Better Tomorrow
ADW

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, critical or otherwise, please use restraint with concern to foul language.

In God I Trust
Have a Dreat Day and a Better Tomorrow
ADW