***AMERICA'S ALARM CLOCK*** .

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Yeah, I know, It’s Been a While.

Yeah, I know, It’s Been a While.

30 Days(7 down days), 21000 miles, 27 cities, 2974 gallons of fuel, Snow, rain, sleet, wind storms and even a little sunshine...very little. Yes it's been a very long time since I've been here. We have been very busy and the company has actually told us that freight volume is back up to 2006 levels. I am just waiting for the next shoe to drop.

As we crisscross the country, we seemingly get more and more remarks, all good, about the truck. We have spoken to folks in about 41 of the 48 continental U.S. and actually from all 50 states + Canada and Mexico. I have yet to find anyone who reads and understands the truck to be negative about the message of the 912 Project.

Tina and I feel blessed beyond our dues to have the opportunity to spread this message in America. We truly enjoy spreading the word that “We The People” are not alone.

We spent the day in Vegas yesterday. We were both very close to being out of hours on our logbooks so we had to have a restart. I spent the day servicing the truck, changed the FS2500 bypass filter, drained the Fuel water separator for the FASS system, I changed the FASS system fuel filter and the secondary fuel filter on the engine. I also lubed the chassis.

Finally, yesterday evening, Tina and I walked to a nearby Mexican food restaurant called “Super Mex”. This is actually one of our favorite places in the country to eat. They have authentic Mexican food, great service, and it is within walking distance of our Vegas terminal.

Dispatch called at about 1300 and we were offered a load to Manteca, CA or a load to Columbus, OH. We chose the Columbus OH load that would leave at about 0300 EDT this morning. The load was actually ready at about 0445. I hooked the loaded trailer, performed my pre-trip inspection, caught up my log book and we were off and running.

We aren’t allowed to cross Hoover Dam(pictures of coming bypass) in a truck and dispatch doesn’t want anyone to run across I-70 during the winter months, when unnecessary, because of possible weather delays, not to mention that a rock slide has I-70 closed near Denver CO. That being said, we routed down 93 south out of Vegas to 95 south. We ran 95 south to 163 and took that to Laughlin where we accessed 68 and right back to 93 south into Kingman and I-40 East. We will make a stop in Albuquerque NM for fuel and then continue east on I-40 all the way to Oklahoma City, OK where we will take 44 east to St Louis, Mo and get on I-70 and run that to Columbus.

My best estimation tells me we should arrive into Columbus OH at about 1600 on Wednesday, barring any delays. At this point we are unsure to where we will be headed from Columbus, but I am quite sure that there will be freight to move.

In God I Trust
Have a Great Day and a Better Tomorrow
ADW

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, critical or otherwise, please use restraint with concern to foul language.

In God I Trust
Have a Dreat Day and a Better Tomorrow
ADW